Send your donations soaring
Make your team page do the heavy lifting
Make sure you always include the URL to your team's fundraising page when asking for sponsorship from friends and family.
Make work, work
Ask your company to match your donations. Some companies have schemes where they will financially match the fundraising of an employee, up to a certain amount. It’s worth enquiring!
Ask your colleagues to donate using the sponsorship form which will arrive in your pack. You can download more forms here. Make sure sponsors donating using your sponsorship form are aware that using Gift Aid means that for every £1 donated, Macmillan can claim back 25% from HMRC, so you raise 25% more.
Besides making a massive difference to people with cancer, you could also win a place at the Finals weekend in Portugal, all expenses paid. Track your progress and check out the competition on the View Teams page. Pay all your fundraising in by 17th September. Competition prize terms and conditions apply.
Ask the club
Ask your club to champion your cause. Tell them you’re raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support, and they may help by reducing or waiving your green fees. Make sure they’re happy for you to tee off at dawn and ask if you can play through.
Spread the word
- Put up a poster in your club
- Download the Longest Day Golf profile and cover images for your social media accounts.
- Raise awareness of your challenge by using one of our email signatures
- Use the donation box in the fundraising pack in the club bar
- Tell your local newspaper – your epic challenge is a feel-good story
Other ways to donate
- Your online team page does it automatically
- At a branch of NatWest, Ulster Bank or Royal Bank of Scotland using your team reference number with your cash or cheque alongside your paying-in slip
- By post. Make your cheques payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' and send them to:
Longest Day Golf Challenge
Macmillan Cancer Support
89 Albert Embankment
Visit the Macmillan shop
Show off your challenge with merchandise from the online shop
The top four fundraising teams win a golfing weekend in Portugal, so make sure all your fundraising has reached us by 17 September to be in with a chance to win! Terms and conditions apply.