To raise the most you can
You’re in it to help people with cancer – so you’re going to want to raise as much as you can. These tips will help:
1. Remember entry is free
There are no registration fees. Green fees may still apply unless you can get your chosen club to waive them.
2. Raise money with your team page
Direct people to your team page URL using Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or email and put it on the poster we’ll include in your fundraising pack. So, your supporters can find out about why you’re playing this epic game and donate to Macmillan at the same time.
You can set a fundraising target by logging into your team page
3. Ask your company to match your donations
Several of the legends who’ve taken on this challenge before found their employer kindly offered to double their donations, often up to a certain amount. This is a great way to boost your funds so it could be well worth asking the question.
4. Aim high
You’re in with a chance to win a place in the finals in Portugal! Track your progress and check out the competition on the View Teams page. Keep your family and friends notified as you reach fundraising milestones. Remember, everything you raise will help us provide vital support for people with cancer.
5. Ask your club to champion your cause
Tell the club you’re raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support. They may help by reducing or waiving your green fees. Make sure they’re happy for you to tee off at dawn and ask if you can play through.
6. Get your sponsorship forms
You can download them here. We'll also send the team captain some in the post.
7. Gift Aid it and raise 25% more
The tax man will give back 25p for every £1 you raise, if you get people to tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsorship forms. More about Gift Aid.
8. Spread the word
Tell everyone about your challenge. You can:
- Put up posters – coming your way in the fundraising pack. Also download them here
- Post on social media or download our Longest Day Golf badges
- Email friends and family
- Put a box in the clubhouse bar - we’ll send the team captain a collection box for the 19th hole. Every penny counts!
And tell your local newspaper – it can give your fundraising and support on the day a huge boost.
9. Pay it all in by 3rd September
You can pay all the money you've raised in the following ways:
- Online through your team page
- At a bank using your team reference number, with your cash or cheque alongside your paying-in slip
- By post. Make your cheques payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' and send them to:
The Longest Day Golf Challenge 2019
Macmillan Cancer Support
89 Albert Embankment
Top four fundraising teams play in the finals in Portugal.
All sponsorship money must be paid to us by 3rd September 2019 to be entered into the LDGC Prize Competition to win a place in the finals in Portugal. Competition Terms and Conditions apply.