1. Remember entry is free
There are no registration fees – so you’re good to sign up straight away.
2. Raise money with your team page
Your team page can be linked to JustGiving or just used on its own. Everything will go to Macmillan. More about your team page.
3. Aim high
You’re in it to win a place in the finals in Portugal! Track your progress and check out the competition on the Donations Totaliser Board. Remember, everything you raise will help us provide vital support for people affected by cancer.
4. Ask your club to champion your cause
Tell the club you’re raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support. They may help by cutting your green fees. Make sure they’re happy for you to tee off at dawn and ask if you can play through.
5. Get your sponsorship forms
You can download them here. We’ll also send your team captain some in the post.
6. Gift Aid it and raise 25% more
The tax man will give back 25p for every £1 you raise if you get people to tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsorship forms. More about Gift Aid.
7. Spread the word
Tell everyone about your challenge. You can
- Put up posters – coming your way in the fundraising pack
- Post on social media Download our Longest Day Golf badges
- Email friends and family
And tell your local newspaper – it can give your fundraising a huge boost.
8. Put a box in the bar
We’ll send the team captain a collection box for the 19th hole to help boost your total. Every penny counts!
9. Pay it all in by 3rd Sepember
You can pay your fundraising in through
- Your team page
- Online payment
- At a bank using your team reference number
- By post. Make your cheques payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' and send them to:
The Longest Day Golf Challenge 2018
Macmillan Cancer Support
89 Albert Embankment
Top four fundraising teams play in the finals in Portugal
All sponsorship money must be paid to us by 3rd September 2018 to be entered into the LDGC Prize Competition to win a place in the finals in Portugal. Competition Terms and Conditions apply.